Saturday, October 18, 2008

An Inebriated Moment...

What are we? Less than 20 days until the election? This is the time when things are going to get nasty. I figure all we can do is ignore all the BS and make an educated decision on what we've learned so far. As I sit with my friends during a poker game (with a few drinks), I'm reminded of what's important and what can't be taken away from us. While the next president-elect can make our lives monitarily difficult, they can't take away our experiences, our lives, our families, our friends...

Basically, if this election doesn't go the way that you're hoping- don't give up. just remember what's important to you.

1 comment:

The Brooklynite Remonstrance said...

I love you and I love your optimism but the truth is that a bad administration can take away a lot more than just your money. The things you are and have shouldn't be changed by political fluctuations but the reality is that crushing poverty, despotic oppression and an unlivable environment warp the soul nonetheless.